Alkaline Breakfast Ideas
Preparing alkaline breakfast foods is easy! Be sure to start your day with a nutritionally dense breakfast to keep yourself feeling energetic all day long.
Preparing alkaline breakfast foods is easier than you think. Be sure to start your day with a nutritionally dense breakfast to keep yourself feeling energetic all day long. Research also shows that a good breakfast is one of the best ways of maintaining a healthy weight.
Vegetables tick all of the boxes as healthy breakfast options: they are alkaline, provide nutrients and fiber, kick-start your digestive system, and give you a great start to your morning.
There are plenty of good choices when it comes to alkaline foods for breakfast, but these are some of my favorites which I am sure you will love!
Alkaline Green Smoothie
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 large Kale leaf
- ½ cucumber
- 1 stick celery
- 1 lemon
- Pinch of ginger
1. Add all ingredients into your powerful high speed blender and blend for 20 seconds.
2. Serve in a large glass and enjoy.
Avocado on Toasted Sprouted Bread
- 1 slice sprouted bread
- Half an avocado
- Half a cup Cherry tomatoes
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- Seasoning: Sea salt, parsley
1. Top your toasted sprouted bread with roughly mashed avocado.
2. Add cherry tomatoes on the side, drizzled in olive oil, season and enjoy.
Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked broccoli
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. soaked almonds
- Seasoning: Sea salt, parsley and coriander
Combine absolutely all the ingredients into a bow, and enjoy!
Easy Chia Seed Pudding
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or coconut milk)
- ¼ cup berries
- ½ tbsp. honey
1. Mix chia seeds, almond or coconut milk and honey in a small bowl or glass. Let it set in refrigerator overnight.
2. Remove it from the fridge, and make sure your pudding looks thick and the chia seeds have gelled. Top with berries, and enjoy immediately.
Soaked Almond and Seed Muesli
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. flaxseeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- stevia and cinnamon to taste
1. Add all ingredients into a bowl and season with stevia and cinnamon.
2. Soak overnight.
3. Enjoy first thing in the morning!
- ½ dozen mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of chopped spring onion and rosemary
- Pinch of himalayan salt and black pepper
- A few drops of sesame oil
1. Mix all ingredients into a glass bowl and leave overnight in the fridge.
2. Add to any salad and enjoy.
- ½ a dozen cherry tomatoes
- 2 portabello mushrooms
- 1 cup sautéed spinach (with salt and pepper to taste)
- 1 poached egg
1. Drizzle tomatoes and mushrooms with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt.
2. Bake or grill tomatoes and mushrooms until cooked.
3. Plate up with spinach and egg, and enjoy.
If you are struggling with getting that boost of alkaline greens in your daily diet, you can also add a sachet of Zupafood GREENZ to your morning juice or smoothie. Perfect, easy nutrition on the go.
In good health.
You may also like...
Recipe: Moroccan Carrot and Lentil Soup
October 2019 by, Xtend-Life Expert
The seasons are changing, and people are more susceptible to colds and flus. The cold air provides the...Read More
Recipe: Honey Orange Salmon with Asian Quinoa Salad
May 2019 by, Xtend-Life Expert
A balanced diet is not only good for your weight but also helps to make menopause more manageable. ...Read More
Recipe: Healthy Hot Cross Buns With Rolled Oats
April 2019 by, Xtend-Life Expert
With Easter coming soon, a New Zealand favorite is hot cross buns.Try this healthy and tasty version that's...Read More