Alkaline Breakfast Ideas
Preparing alkaline breakfast foods is easy! Be sure to start your day with a nutritionally dense breakfast to keep yourself feeling energetic all day long.
Preparing alkaline breakfast foods is easier than you think. Be sure to start your day with a nutritionally dense breakfast to keep yourself feeling energetic all day long. Research also shows that a good breakfast is one of the best ways of maintaining a healthy weight.
Vegetables tick all of the boxes as healthy breakfast options: they are alkaline, provide nutrients and fiber, kick-start your digestive system, and give you a great start to your morning.
There are plenty of good choices when it comes to alkaline foods for breakfast, but these are some of my favorites which I am sure you will love!
Alkaline Green Smoothie
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 large Kale leaf
- ½ cucumber
- 1 stick celery
- 1 lemon
- Pinch of ginger
- Add all ingredients into your powerful high speed blender and blend for 20 seconds.
- Serve in a large glass and enjoy.
Avocado on Toasted Sprouted Bread
- 1 slice sprouted bread
- Half an avocado
- Half a cup Cherry tomatoes
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- Seasoning: Sea salt, parsley
- Top your toasted sprouted bread with roughly mashed avocado.
- Add cherry tomatoes on the side, drizzled in olive oil, season and enjoy.
Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked broccoli
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. soaked almonds
- Seasoning: Sea salt, parsley and coriander
- Combine absolutely all the ingredients into a bow, and enjoy!
Easy Chia Seed Pudding
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or coconut milk)
- ¼ cup berries
- ½ tbsp. honey
- Mix chia seeds, almond or coconut milk and honey in a small bowl or glass. Let it set in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove it from the fridge, and make sure your pudding looks thick and the chia seeds have gelled. Top with berries, and enjoy immediately.
Soaked Almond and Seed Muesli
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. flaxseeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- stevia and cinnamon to taste
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and season with stevia and cinnamon.
- Soak overnight.
- Enjoy first thing in the morning!
- ½ dozen mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of chopped spring onion and rosemary
- Pinch of himalayan salt and black pepper
- A few drops of sesame oil
- Mix all ingredients into a glass bowl and leave overnight in the fridge.
- Add to any salad and enjoy.
- ½ a dozen cherry tomatoes
- 2 portabello mushrooms
- 1 cup sautéed spinach (with salt and pepper to taste)
- 1 poached egg
- Drizzle tomatoes and mushrooms with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt.
- Bake or grill tomatoes and mushrooms until cooked.
- Plate up with spinach and egg, and enjoy.
If you are struggling with getting that boost of alkaline greens in your daily diet, you can also add a sachet of Zupafood GREENZ to your morning juice or smoothie. Perfect, easy nutrition on the go.
You may also like...
Supercharge Your Health with Nutritious Kiwifruit
April 2021 by, Xtend-Life Team
Choosing the right food that provides the nutrients to fuel your digestive system is the key to a...Read More
Top 5 Ingredients For Better Immunity
June 2020 by, Xtend-Life Expert
Prevention really is the best cure when it comes to staying healthy. Adding the following top five ingredients...Read More
Recipe: Coconut and Watermelon, Absolutely!
June 2020 by, Xtend-Life Expert
If you are looking for the perfect way to rehydrate on a hot day or after intense exercise...Read More