The Facts About Erectile Dysfunction
For many men, the term erectile dysfunction creates instant panic. However, this doesn't have to be the case. Find out the causes of erectile dysfunction, and what you can do to support healthy testosterone, and improve sexual ability - without opting for that 'little blue pill'.
An estimated 5 percent of 40-year-old men and close to 35 percent of 65-year-old men experience ED on a long-term basis.
And while erectile dysfunction – often called ED in advertising to dull the impact – may seem like one of the worst diagnosis in the world, it doesn’t have to be. There are many reasons behind problems with ‘raising your main sail’, and in most cases, those problems are easily solved, putting you back in the game and restoring your confidence.
Causes of erectile dysfunction
There are a variety of reasons that you could be experiencing problems with erections, according to WebMD.com, and many of them can be addressed without the popular – but risky – little blue pill. (Ref. 1)
Some things to look at include:
- Depression. Nothing kills libido like chronic depression. But if you have depression and are being treated for it, research the drug or drugs you are taking. Some can have negative effects ‘downstairs’, while others make it more difficult to achieve an orgasm.
- Poor blood flow to the penis. If you suffer from diabetes or heart disease, your blood vessels including those leading to the penis, could be damaged from high blood glucose, which slows blood flow and ultimately results in the inability to initiate and maintain an erection.
- Drinking too much. Cutting back on the beer, Bordeaux or bourbon will help kick things up a notch when you want your romantic side to come out.
- Low testosterone. There are a wide range of symptoms that accompany low testosterone, including being overweight or obese. Causes may include being under stress, not getting enough sleep and too much BPA – a common plastic compound found in water bottles and microwave containers - in your diet. Low testosterone levels can have a negative impact on your abilities in the bedroom.
- A chronic illness. If you are not in the best of health, your medication regimen or the complications from the illness itself can cause erectile dysfunction. In this case, eating better and working out when you can, will help build up strength and may help you fight off the illness and regain your confidence.
Tips to boost testosterone, blood flow
Testosterone is the main building block behind achieving and maintaining an erection, because erections require the release of nitric oxide, which plays a big role in vascular health, and supports the heart while improving the ability to achieve and maintain an erection. Nitric oxide, however, is not released if testosterone is not around to send it a signal.
Nitric oxide is produced by the cells that line our arteries when cued by testosterone, so if both levels are low, neither coordinating function can perform its duties, leading to ED.
That means finding ways to boost testosterone is vital. While reducing stress, getting a good night’s sleep and erasing small amounts of plastics from your diet is a good first step. Weight training and resistance exercise also helps trigger testosterone production. (Ref. 2)
Foods to support testosterone production
If you eat foods that help support testosterone levels, you crowd out estrogen, allowing testosterone levels to stay healthy.
Some foods to include:
- Vitamin D. Tuna, salmon and eggs contain vitamin D, but you can also acquire it by spending some time in the sun. Studies have shown that men with higher levels of vitamin D have higher testosterone levels as well.
- Oysters. Oysters have long been considered an aphrodisiac because oysters contain zinc, which plays a role in supporting healthy hormone levels. Not really immediate miracle generators of erections but at least they contain good levels of zinc to help contribute to the overall support of testosterone in your body.
- Eating foods rich in nitric oxide. Some of the best foods to boost nitric oxide include members from the green family, including spinach, kale, Swiss chard, arugula and collard greens, and beets also help boost blood flow. (Ref. 3)
Having optimum levels of nitric oxide can help improve your ability to achieve and maintain an erection, so both you and your partner can again have the satisfying sex life you deserve without having to take prescription drugs, such as that little blue pill.
A Word From Our Chairman…Warren Matthews
“A major cause of ED for older men are those taking statin drugs to lower cholesterol. Lower levels of cholesterol inhibit the production of the sex hormones including testosterone. Another major problem for men as they get older, is that their bodies tend to convert testosterone to estrogen. It is possible to boost testosterone levels with the support of a number of ingredients which we have in both Total Balance Men's and Male Rejuvenator. For example, we include Chrysin which helps support increased testosterone levels and arouses sexual desire”.
You may also like...
8 Super Ingredients To Boost Your Immune System
June 2020 by, Customer Care Team
Coughing and sneezing? Head ache? Run down? Bounce back from colds and flu and boost your immunity with...Read More
Invest in Nutrition for a Lean and Fit Body
June 2019 by, Xtend-Life Expert
Men in their 30s and 40s are at the peak of their career and personal life. With the...Read More
Top 5 Ingredients For Better Immunity
June 2020 by, Xtend-Life Expert
Prevention really is the best cure when it comes to staying healthy. Adding the following top five ingredients...Read More