Evening Primrose Oil benefits for skin
Native to North America, evening primrose was introduced to Europe in the early 17th century. It was traditionally referred to as the “King’s Cure-All” due to the belief that its powerful healing properties made it fit for royalty.
Uses of Evening Primrose Oil
Over the centuries, the evening primrose has been used to treat a wide range of maladies, including asthma, sore throats, gastrointestinal problems and even arthritis. Today, evening primrose oil is highly sought after for its soothing and moisturizing skincare properties.
Evening primrose benefits the skin due to a range of bioactive components which include:
- Linolenic acid, an Omega 3 essential fatty acid
- Gamma-Linolenic acid, known for its anti-inflammatory properties
- Stearic acid, known for its cleansing properties
These essential fatty acids cannot be produced by our bodies, so it’s crucial that we look to nature to help us look and feel our best. With active medicinal properties that work at a cellular level, evening primrose oil is a must for restoring and rejuvenating skin.
Evening Primrose Oil Key Benefits
- Promotes and supports healthy skin
- Helps to resist skin conditions such as acne and eczema
- Helps to support skin elasticity and suppleness
- Fights oxidative damage to reduce visible fine lines and wrinkles
- Naturally firms and softens skin
Source and sustainability of Evening Primrose Oil
High quality evening primrose oil – like the one used in Xtend-Life Kanapa™ products – is extracted using a cold press technique that locks in nutrients and ensures purity. Extracted with an expeller press, no artificial heat or solvents are applied at any stage of the process. This means the oil’s bioactive goodness reaches you at full strength.