Recipe: Honey Orange Salmon with Asian Quinoa Salad
A balanced diet is not only good for your weight but also helps to make menopause more manageable. New studies suggest a link between diet and the timing of menopause. Fatty fish, legumes and plant-based foods are associated with menopause starting at a later age. In addition, eating a nutritious, heart healthy diet can relieve some of the unpleasant symptoms of menopause.
This wonderfully healthy and easy recipe is packed with omega-3s, fiber and fresh ingredients! The refreshing salad complements well with the tangy and sweet salmon. A healthy and delicious meal is just minutes away!
Honey Orange Salmon with Asian Quinoa Salad
- 4 (4-6 oz.) salmon filets, preferably wild-caught
- Zest and juice of 1 navel orange (1/2 cup)
- Juice of 1 lime (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/2 cup edamame (Japanese soybeans) (optional)
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1-2 green onions for serving, thinly sliced green parts only
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
Method:1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook quinoa with water. Then transfer to a baking sheet to cool to room temperature.
3. While quinoa is cooking, whisk together orange juice and zest, lime juice, honey, oil and garlic. Pour over salmon filet (seasoned with salt and pepper) on a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Bake salmon for 10-12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
5. Combine vegetables in a large bowl.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Toss with vegetables to combine. Stir in cooled quinoa and season to taste.
7. Remove salmon from oven, serve immediately with a side of salad topped with green onions.
You may also like...
Supercharge Your Health with Nutritious Kiwifruit
February 2020 by, Claire Luzke
Choosing the right food that provides the nutrients to fuel your digestive system is the key to a...Read More
Powerful Ingredients for a Calm, Balanced Day
November 2019 by, Claire Luzke
To help prevent and fight the damaging effects of daily stress, add foods into your daily routine that...Read More
Recipe: Moroccan Carrot and Lentil Soup
October 2019 by, Claire Luzke
The seasons are changing, and people are more susceptible to colds and flus. The cold air provides the...Read More