Recipe - Golden Turmeric Hummus with Butternut Squash
Foods such as fatty fish, nuts, green tea, mushrooms and various spices have been identified to have rich anti-inflammatory properties. Studies show that these foods can help to fight excessive inflammation, which protect the body from chronic pain and diseases .
Turmeric and garlic contain powerful natural anti-inflammatory properties that may help ease joint pain and stiffness, and you can easily incorporate them into your diet. Here is one of our favorites.
Golden Turmeric Hummus with Butternut Squash
Gluten free, Soy Free, Dairy Free
- 1 can of chickpeas (400 g | 114 ounce), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup butternut squash, cooked
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ½ cup ice-cold water
- ¾ teaspoon ground turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of saffron (optional)
1. Steam or microwave butternut squash until it is soft, leave aside to cool.
2. Peel garlic cloves.
3. Place the chickpeas and butternut squash in a food processor and puree into a thick paste.
4. Add lemon juice, garlic, salt, and tahini. Slowly drizzle in the ice-cold water. Blend for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
5. Add the turmeric and saffron, pulse to combine.
Taste and add more salt or lemon juice accordingly.
- black and white sesame seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- hemp seeds
- chopped chives
Serve with fresh vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, cucumber or healthy crackers.
You may also like...
Recipe: Honey Orange Salmon with Asian Quinoa Salad
May 2019 by, Xtend-Life Expert
A balanced diet is not only good for your weight but also helps to make menopause more manageable. ...Read More
Recipe: Healthy Hot Cross Buns With Rolled Oats
April 2019 by, Xtend-Life Expert
With Easter coming soon, a New Zealand favorite is hot cross buns.Try this healthy and tasty version that's...Read More
Recipe - Super Spirulina Pancakes made with Zupafood™ Elite
March 2019 by, Xtend-Life Expert
Spirulina has been called the most nutritious food on the planet, this green and blue alga superfood contains...Read More