Brain and DHA
The human brain is made up of about 60% fat as well as DHA and other omega-3 fatty acids. These omega 3 fatty acids, especially DHA, help support the neural pathways in the brain and nervous system...ultimately determining how effective the communication links are between the brain cells and nerves.
A diet that is deficient in DHA may have a negative effect on the brain's energy metabolism. For example, low levels of DHA have been found in the blood of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADD/ADHD).
Like human life and all things crucial for growth and nourishment, it all starts in the womb...DHA is essential for the optimal development of the brain throughout fetal development, to infancy and into childhood.
Many people acknowledge the overwhelming benefits associated with breast feeding. This is because breast milk contains lots of DHA. However, it's very important that the mother supplements her diet with enough DHA to ensure that there's enough for both her and her baby.
It is important to remember that the DHA levels in breast milk vary considerably. In fact, a study in Denmark found that fish oil supplements increased the quantity of DHA in the milk of breast-feeding women.
It has also been shown that the babies of mothers, who have increased levels of DHA through fish oil supplementation, experienced better sleeping patterns meaning they demonstrated a more mature central nervous system than those babies with mothers who have reduced DHA levels.
Choosing The Best
Many women acknowledge the benefits of taking omega 3 fish oil supplements during pregnancy and while they're breast-feeding, however some are concerned with the amount of PCBs and toxins present in some brands.
This is why many women are turning to Xtend-Life's Omega 3/DHA fish oil, it's one of the purest fish oils on the planet, independently tested according to standards that are even higher and more stringent than most international standards.
But this is just one of many factors that make our fish oil so popular and beneficial to your health. The following three points explain why you should choose Omega 3/DHA fish oil as your pre-natal and breast-feeding supplement:
- PURITY: Proven as one of the purest in the world...we welcome you to see the results of recent PCB tests and mercury (heavy metal) analysis on our website. We believe you will not only be impressed but more importantly, you'll be reassured.
- FRESHNESS: Our fish oil is exceptionally fresh with no additives or flavoring.
- HIGH DHA CONTENT: It has optimal levels of DHA...the most valued and sought-after component of fish oil.
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY: This is the primary reason why fish oil provides so many health benefits. Xtend-Life's Omega 3 / DHA Fish Oil is a blend of hoki and tuna oil and has been proven to provide in excess of 2.5 times the anti-inflammatory qualities of 'normal' fish oil and more than double the anti-inflammatory qualities of highly concentrated omega 3 fish oil.
- BIO-AVAILABILITY: Our fish oil is in a 'natural' form...meaning a natural triglyceride or ethyl ester form and NOT a synthetic triglyceride which is what many fish oils are.
Go ahead and try it for yourself. You've got nothing to lose but everything to gain, especially in terms of the health and well-being of your baby.