Bliss Balls - Good Energy Snack
These truffles are so amazingly decadent, you would never guess the secret ingredient! With a chocolate outer shell and the most perfectly silky filling, they really are little bites of heaven. They’re really easy to make and store.
The base of the truffle is made of chickpeas, so each bite is a big dose of plant protein, providing you long lasting healthy energy. Plus, the dark chocolate is antioxidant rich with a low GI, which will allow you to avoid sugar cravings and stay full longer.
I am sure you will fall in love after the first bite – that’s exactly what happened to me, I call these Bliss Balls!
Chocolate and Chickpea Truffles
- 1 cup rolled oats (certified gluten-free, if required)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon cooked (or canned) chickpeas
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bittersweet/dark chocolate chips
- Combine the oats and chickpeas in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until they are in small pieces. Add the cashew butter, honey, and salt and process until it forms a smooth ball. You may need to scrape the sides a few times. Taste for sweetness.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a tablespoon to scoop level spoonfuls and then use your hands to roll the filling into a ball. Repeat with the rest of the filling. Place the baking sheet in the freezer and freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small pot on low heat. One by one, drop one of the balls into the chocolate and use a spoon to completely cover it with chocolate, scoop it out and place back on the baking sheet. Once they are all done, allow them to sit at room temperature until the chocolate is set. Refrigerate until ready to eat (the chocolate begins to get a little melty after about 5-7 minutes, so it is best to keep them refrigerated until right before you eat them). Enjoy!
NOTE: You could also crush walnuts and sprinkle some on top of each truffle while the chocolate is still wet.
You may also like...
Pizza gets a healthy makeover
May 2020 by, Customer Care Team
Eating right doesn't mean giving up all your favorite foods. With a few simple tweaks, takeout favorites like pizza, burgers...Read More
A Sweet Treat You Can Feel Good About
May 2020 by, Xtend-Life Expert
Looking for a healthy snack option that also tastes delicious? These raspberry and coconut bliss balls are just...Read More
Recipe: Healthy Hot Cross Buns With Rolled Oats
April 2020 by, Xtend-Life Expert
Try this healthy and tasty version that's full of fiber from dried fruits, sweetened from honey and dark...Read More