A sweet treat you can feel good about
February 2018, Xtend-Life Expert
Looking for a healthy snack option that also tastes delicious? These raspberry and coconut bliss balls are just the ticket. Packed with goodness from oats, nut and berries, they’ll keep your heart healthy, while satisfying all your cravings.
Looking for a healthy snack option that also tastes delicious? These raspberry and coconut bliss balls are just the ticket. Packed with goodness from oats, nut
Each ingredient in these bliss balls delivers specific heart-health benefits. Oats are packed with soluble
The high fat, protein and
Looking for more healthy snack options? Here are a few ideas:
- Two to four pieces of sushi
- Vegetable sticks with hummus (carrot, celery
andcapsicum are great)
- Fresh fruit and organic, sugar-free, natural
- Wholegrain crackers or rice crackers with cottage cheese or avocado
- Berry smoothie (combine fresh or frozen berries with organic, sugar-free natural
yoghurt, one to two tablespoons of oats and a splash of milk)
- Wholegrain or
gluten freetoast with nut butter (Almond, cashew or brazil nut buttersare delicious)
Raspberry and coconut bliss balls
Raw, vegan and
- 1 cup (100 g) raspberries, fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup (80 g) oats
- ¼ cup (35 g) ground almonds*
- ⅓ cup (20g) shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 4 pitted fresh dates
- Unsweetened cocoa powder or extra shredded coconut, optional
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until you get a sticky dough. If
mixtureis very dry and doesn’t bind together, add a few drops of water.
- Take large teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls. Coat with shredded coconut or roll in unsweetened cocoa powder if you like.
- Place the finished balls on a tray lined with wax paper and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container in the fridge, or freeze for up to a month.
*Or grind fresh raw almonds into almond flour.