The shocking truth about your supplements
Your supplements are only as safe as the ingredients used and the manufacturing of those ingredients.
The truth is many supplement manufacturers claim to provide “quality control” of their products – but they can’t really control quality. Many of them don’t even know where their raw materials originally come from.
Many supplement companies don’t oversee their manufacturing processes. They simply outsource the manufacturing to other companies. And they hope the manufacturers are following FDA regulations. But many of those manufacturers are failing to meet these standards.
At Xtend-Life™ - we formulate and manufacture our dietary supplements and skincare products in our own state-of-the art facility.
We control quality from A to Z! Plus, we meet safety regulations from both the U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the New Zealand Ministry of Primary Industries. We do this so that you as our valued customer can be confident that you are getting the quality supplements you deserve.
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards and more
All Xtend-Life products are produced in our purpose built state-of-the-art facility in Christchurch, New Zealand.
We have a food safety program based on hazard analysis critical control points (HACCP) which is regularly audited by AsureQuality (an internationally accredited authority owned by the New Zealand government).
We also have a Risk Management Program (RMP) which is regularly audited by the New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI).
Xtend-Life also abides by the US FDA’s cGMP (good manufacturing practices) code for dietary supplements.
These compliance programs enable us to rigorously control the quality of all raw ingredients and finished products to ensure that our products always achieve the highest standards possible.
Stage 1 - Raw materials:
Every ingredient that goes into your supplements is tested to meet our rigid standards. Even though we only buy from quality suppliers who state that their product is safe and effective – we don’t take any one’s word for it. We test and confirm it for ourselves. And you know what?
We reject raw materials simply because they don’t meet our stringent testing protocol! Many times these rejected ingredients could have ended up in someone else’s supplements – and been sold to unwary consumers.
Xtend-Life tests all ingredients for:
- Identification (ID), to confirm the identity of the material.
- Assay (Potency) testing, to confirm that the active ingredient(s) is present at the level stated by the manufacturer.
- Microbiological testing including total plate counts for bacteria, mould and yeast, coliforms, E-coli and Salmonella.
- Heavy metal testing. Every delivery of every ingredient is tested for contamination with heavy metals, such as Mercury, Lead, Arsenic and Cadmium.
- Other. Some ingredients are tested for other qualities that are specific to that material, including Loss on Drying, to ensure the water content is acceptable.
Stage 2 - Manufacturing process:
- State-of-the-art facility: Our multi-million dollar state-of-the art manufacturing facility was exclusively designed for Xtend-Life. We don’t accept any outside vendors who want to use our facilities to manufacture their potentially inferior products. That means no cross contamination with companies who use pesticides, prescription medications or any other unacceptable ingredients.
Additionally, every one of our products are manufactured using exclusive “Master Recipes” and ‘Batch Manufacturing Records” to create consistent and potent finished products packed with exactly the right doses of nutrients in EVERY serving. Every step of the manufacturing process is reviewed and confirmed by different individuals for optimum quality control.
- Blending protocol: Our world-class blending process assures each supplement achieves uniformity and delivers the right amount of nutrients in each dosage. Consistent quality in your nutrients means you can expect to experience the results you desire.
- Tableting: Unlike most of our competitors - ALL of our products are manufactured onsite. If for any reason our ingredients are ever taken offsite – and out of our sight and rigid controls – we once again treat those materials as inwards goods and they go through testing processes once again.
Yes, we know this takes time, costs money and requires additional manpower. And yes, we believe many of our competitors skip important steps. However, we have a HIGHER authority to answer to. We want YOU, our customer to feel confident you’re getting the BEST.
- Enteric coating: Many of our supplements are enteric coated. This process allows the nutrients to travel through your stomach without damage from the stomach acids that can destroy the nutrients. With enteric coating – nutrients are delivered to your upper intestine for optimum absorption.
- Bottling: Our new state-of-the-art bottling line guarantees you receive the right amount of nutrients in a clean, secured, tamper-evident container.
Stage 3 - Package and shipping:
- You’ll find we take extra precautions to ensure your order is received in excellent condition. Since we have many international customers, we adhere to the postage and customs regulations to expedite the orders. Every step of the way – we aim to excel in service, production and deliverability of our products.
“We’re state-of-the-art but we haven’t forgotten that we’re helping people achieve their health goals”
- Xtend-Life Quality Assurance Team
For more detailed information…