At the start of this blog series on foundational health and wellbeing: what is it, and how to achieve it, we invited you on a journey of discovery.
This journey illustrated how good foundational health and wellbeing are possible at any age, once all your core systems and processes are balanced and in harmony.
We progressed through several milestones which:
1. Described how optimal foundational health means that all of you is in balance and in sync with your passions and purpose. In other words, you are properly nourished on cellular, molecular, biological, mental and emotional levels. Then the likelihood of degenerative disease and premature aging is reduced.
The ‘Secret’ to vibrant health, well-being and anti-aging is inside you! Nourish and love yourself by making lifestyle choices which invigorate and motivate you at every level to be your very best.
Forget superficial symptomatic quick fixes. However tempting!
2. Defined what a degenerative disease is: the slow but sure deterioration of the function or structure of tissues or organs. And why aging is not a degenerative disease: rather we believe that aging is a natural part of life. You cannot reverse aging (yet) but you can help to slow it down and enjoy aging gracefully in vibrant health.
The speed and severity with which you age is largely determined by you. Your lifestyle choices will be the key influence on how you age.
3. Explained the main causes of degenerative diseases and why they are so prevalent: Lifestyle choices, stress, environment and toxicity.
4. Clarified the impact these main causes have on our body, health and wellbeing by showing how they lead to the development of key degenerative aging processes:
- Excess Free Radicals and Oxidative Stress
- Abnormal Methylation
- Chronic Inflammation
- DNA Degradation
- Hormonal imbalance
- Toxicity/impaired detoxification
5. Suggested a Protocol which detailed the key steps for Vibrant Foundational Health and Wellbeing. Integral to this is that we hope you discover what really drives you: Your Essence. When you know that, then all the other elements: attitude, diet, supplementation, exercise, environment, work, and relationships can synchronise into one harmonious whole.
6. Proposed that achieving this vibrant foundational health is realistic without recourse to Conventional medical solutions. We then explained the respective benefits of Conventional treatment and supplemental support, and the features of quality supplementation
So where to now?
We hope that this information has inspired you to welcome aging as an opportunity to know and nourish yourself better – to ripen not to stagnate. It does not need to be a descent into degenerative misery!
Rather, think like Sophia Loren who says:
“There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.”
Perhaps then, youth is a gift of nature, but aging gracefully is a work of art!