We all want to look good. We all want to feel good too. Unfortunately for many of us achieving both simultaneously is hard. Yes, it’s easy to use makeup, clothes etc. to hide the ‘blemishes’ or extra fat. But at heart we know that these are temporary ‘disguises’ to hide what we don’t want people to see. Like our inner dis-harmony or dis-ease perhaps? It’s interesting to note that the word ‘dis-ease’ means a lack of ease or harmony within the body.
The only way we can radiate true health and feel alive is by being healthy internally: in mind, heart, body and soul.
That means you are nourished and happy on all levels: mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
Then you are really alive!
When we feel good, it shows. Our skin and hair look healthy, our eyes are bright and we have the energy we need to power through the day, no matter what obstacles stand in our way – including balancing kids, a career, a marriage and household chores. Xtend-Life is dedicated to helping you radiate health internally and externally.
Internal problems rise to the surface
Our skin is our largest organ – and mirror!
It reflects what is truly going on inside: Symptoms such as rashes, eczema, psoriasis or other skin conditions are often a reflection of systematic internal dis-orders.
Because our outer appearance reflects so dynamically our actual health, we need to improve our internal health first and foremost.
“I have noticed a HUGE difference in my energy levels since I began taking the Total Balance for Women,” wrote one customer after using our products. “Also, I noticed a big difference in my skin after taking the Kiwi-Klenz. And of course, there is no fish oil like yours - I take two of those a day, as well, and it has helped tremendously."
The Women’s foundation products are our three core supplements – Total Balance, Kiwi-Klenz and the Omega-3 Fish Oil products, each of which includes ingredients that are essential to skin health.
This powerhouse product targets skin health in a variety of ways.
First, by promoting regularity, Kiwi-Klenz may help ensure that all of the toxins that leave skin looking dull and blemished are removed from the system in efficiently. It also offers everything good that’s found in the superpower kiwifruit.
Omega 3 DHA Fish Oil
Fish oil is essential to skin health, supporting it from the inside out and making it more resilient to internal and external damage, including the sun’s rays.
“It not only plays a vital role in the health of the membrane of every cell in our body, it also helps protect us from a number of key health threats,” says Laura Tansman, a nutritionist at New York’s Mount Sinai Medical Center. Fish oil offers the following benefits for your skin:
- May help protect against inflammation. Thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties of omega-3s, fish oil may help reduce redness and swelling, erase signs of irritation and lead to clearer skin. That means symptoms of acne, eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis may all be eased with the addition of fish oil to a diet plan.
- May help restore moisture. Dry skin often appears dull and lifeless, but fish oil supplements can help restore moisture thanks to natural emollients including polyunsaturated fats.
- May help reduce stress. Stress often shows its ugly self through the skin, leading to premature aging, lines and wrinkles. Omega-3s may help ease stress and symptoms of depression, which is likely to show up on the skin.
Xtend-Life Total Balance
This is a complete macro nutrient system. Much more than a vitamin and mineral supplement, Total Balance features a wealth of nutrients aimed at promoting better health from the inside out. This of course extends to your skin…and your hair and nails too. Here are some key ingredients shown to boost skin, hair and nail health
Red Grape skin extract
The phenolic compounds in grape skin extract have a long standing reputation for eliminating free-radicals and supporting cellular health. These in turn help to promote collagen, build skin integrity and health. We use a unique non-fermented pure grape skin extract with at least 20 actives which means that this extract is highly pure and bio-available Sulfur as MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane)
A naturally occurring organic compound used to maintain normal keratin levels in the hair, skin and nails. It helps to make the cell walls more permeable which increases circulation and helps regulate insulin production, improving hair, nails and skin. PABA (Para-aminobenzoic acid)
A co-enzyme forming part of the folic acid structure, necessary for healthy skin and hair pigmentation. It stimulates intestinal bacteria to produce folic acid and promotes the breakdown of proteins. Beneficial in hair loss, hair greying and dermatitis.
Horsetail is a plant extract which is a very bio-available form of silicon, clinically shown to boost skin, nail and hair health. Specifically, silicon has been shown to help purify, hydrate and smooth skin, it adds moisture and shine to hair and it may also strengthen skin, hair and nails.
These and many other vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids and co-factors have been synergistically combined in our Total Balance range to address root imbalances and thus boost overall health. The result: healthy skin!
Skin Care Products
Just as with its line of supplements, Xtend-Life’s skin care line is crafted with the best ingredients available, uncovered after extensive research and development. Because the company manufactures, develops and creates all of its products, we are able to stay on top of technology as well as significant new scientific breakthroughs.
Most importantly, the products are crafted with the very best ingredients, without substances that while common in many department store brands, might not be good for your skin.
Each product in the Xtend-Life skin care line includes the following three “foundation” ingredients:
- Xtend TK. A natural ingredient that in clinical trials has shown success reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while making skin firmer, softer and more radiant
- Nano-Lipobelle Coenzyme Q10. This cutting-edge ingredient penetrates deep into the skin to treat wrinkles.
- Phytessence Wakame. This special extract from sea kelp helps keep skin elastic, smooth and free from the symptoms of aging.
In addition, each product also includes special ingredients that work toward the product’s specific goal, such as moisturizing.
To view the whole range of Xtend-Life’s skin care products, please go to skincare overview (women) and skincare overview (men).
We use over 50 top quality and effective ingredients in our skin care products.
WHAT’S NOT THERE
Xtend-Life’s products don’t include fragrances, alcohols that can dry or irritate skin, parabens or any other harmful preservatives, mineral oils that can clog pores, refined oils that are stripped of nutrients or petroleum-based products. Also excluded:
- Triclosan: This antibacterial often turns up in skin care products, but it is also used in weed killers.
- Phenol carbolic acid: In high does, this common ingredient in lotions and creams can cause paralysis, seizures, coma and respiratory failure.
- Octyl dimethyl: This is found in most sunscreens, but some studies suggest that the ingredient is a Catch-22, and that the energy absorbed by the sunscreen is transformed into free radicals, increasing the risk of skin cancer.
“Most of our ingredients are derived from plants. They are carefully processed to enhance their effectiveness, and every ingredient we use is safe enough to ingest without harmful effects,” says Xtend-Life Chairman, Warren Matthews.