Doctors in Europe know about its miraculous IQ-boosting power and recommend it to millions. Yet in the US it remains nothing more than a garden flower. I’m talking about the periwinkle – otherwise known as Vinca minor. The periwinkle is more than a source of beautiful blue in your garden – it’s the source of a miraculous brain-booster called vinpocetine.
Vinpocetine is high-octane fuel for your brain. It’s so effective against fading mental powers that nearly 50 countries are now using it in supplemental form. Research shows how vinpocetine works to deliver the following benefits:
- Boosts blood circulation in your brain by zeroing in on your brain’s tiny blood vessels so they can deliver oxygen more efficiently. It even helps your brain use oxygen better.
- Preserves “adenosine triphosphate” or ATP…the fuel every cell of your body needs to function.
- Reduces senility and age-related dementia.
- Boosts blood flow to your brain.
- Supports nervous system health.
- Lowers your risk of brain health problems.
- Keeps your brain stocked with the “feel-good” compound dopamine, which helps you direct your thinking and behavior – and stay motivated.
- Improves hearing function by preventing or relieving tinnitus (ringing/buzzing in the ears) and vertigo (dizziness).
- Improves visual function including night vision by preventing or relieving glaucoma and age-related macular decline.
- Improves cardiovascular function by diminishing atherosclerotic plaque, improving cardiac output and nutritive blood flow to various organs, improving dilation of blood vessels, increasing the flexibility of red blood cells and scavenging toxic metals in the body, such as aluminum and lead.
What is the right amount of vinpocetine for me?
Most nootropics (supplements that positively affect cognitive function) have ideal levels for positive effects. These may vary slightly from person to person, but they generally follow what is known as a dose-response curve.
The desirable effects may decline if too much of the supplement is taken. Many of the studies done with vinpocetine show the dose-response curve levelling off or declining above 40 mg/day or more. Indeed, most studies showing positive benefits from vinpocetine have been done at amounts of 10-30 mg daily, with a max at 40 mg daily
Our Total Balance and Neuro Natural products contain the appropriate amounts of vinpocetine when combined as a synergistic blend for maximum impact. Try them and transform your brain fog into brain power and some!